Nutraceuticals, in short food supplements are becoming important in our life. Why not? I talked about how our society made us dependent on anything that makes us healthy.
Supplements helps our health because it contains nutrient that we typically do not have in sufficient quantity or unable to eat so much. What makes you purchase a particular supplement?
I am interested with supplements because I took a course on it and was since attracted to the potential health benefits that it promises over long-term of consumption. These are my summary of what I have been told. See if you agree:
1. Virtually, everything can be moderate with supplements. Yes, even cancer, diabetes, over-consumption of food.
2. Everyone needs some supplementation. Meaning you are our target.
3. Not every supplement are the same. Things that are not in the label doesn't mean it is otherwise.
4. Not every side effect are detailed out unless you asked about it. We can selectively choose our marketing strategy as long as it doesn't against and have fulfilled the basic regulatory requirements.
5. People can do anything to make them not only healthy but looks good.
Talking about looking good, try soy supplement that contains phytoestrogen compound that may help girls to have more womanly characteristics. Read more: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-975-SOY.aspx?activeIngredientId=975&activeIngredientName=SOY